Work at Joe’s
Work at Joe’s
At Joe’s, we don’t conduct interviews. You audition for a job. The other employees decide whether to hire you. We’re a team here, and we believe in helping each other. Full-time college students can make $20,000. High school students must have a 3.0 GPA or better. Joe’s isn’t just a part-time job; it’s a platform for success in your future.
*If in High School, please bring a copy of your transcript or current grades*
and drop it off in store!
apply online with no hassle!
Tempe, AZ Location
Going to work never tasted so good!
Our mission is to make and deliver the best Italian Ice. Our Assistant Managers are leading this charge. You’ll play a vital role in both supporting the owner as well as leading the Team Members by example in a hands on role. Your passion for Quality and Amazing Guest Service is a cornerstone of what makes Joe’s Ice the best at what we do!
Assistant Managers set the example their team members aspire to by teaching and living our High Fives:
- Excite and Delight: Smile, impress and look after our guests with every visit
- Perfect Ice: Delivering the best tasting Italian Ice
- Pride in Place: Keep our restaurant and restrooms clean at all times
- It Starts With Me: Choose your attitude, be accountable and have fun!
- Do Well, Do Good: Volunteer and support your community
Joe’s Ice Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Assists the GM in the hiring, training and developing hourly team members
- Assists the GM in making timely schedules and appropriate staffing levels in accordance to weekly, monthly and seasonal labor needs
- Assists the GM in ordering inventory and checking in product delivery
- Provides support to the GM in managing shifts, assigning and coaching team members on job duties and performance
- Ensures every guest has a SUPER FUN experience
- Delivers high quality, Italian Ice according to Joe’s recipes
- Follows proper sanitation and cleanliness standards in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Joe’s standards
- Follows all cash handling procedures to minimize all cash shortages.
- Foster a safe work environment by following safety guidelines
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined by Joe’s
- Maintaining proper employee records, and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
Joe’s Assistant Management Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have previous supervisory experience within the restaurant, retail, and/or hospitality industry
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Proven ability to drive guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus
- Ability to successfully complete training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Joe’s, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Joe’s participates in E-Verify
Enjoy The Good Stuff
- Competitive salary & incentives
- Ice discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Tips, often averaging $5,000+ annually
- Sales Bonuses, daily based on sales
While performing the duties of this position, a manager may regularly be required to: work 50 hours a week, work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment, work around equipment (Ice Makers) and occasionally be exposed to cold temperatures (walk in freezer/refrigerator). This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.
Joe’s Italian Ice is an Equal Opportunity Employer